If you desire support among your peers of female referees, please contact Maureen Sundstrom firstname.lastname@example.org. She will connect you with other referees and create an atmosphere where you can share your joys and concerns related to refereeing.
Click here for the "Womens Referee Symposium"
People are pretty much the same. It’s only that our differences are more susceptible to definition than our similarities.
Why women should referee for AYSO:
- Become a positive role model while contributing to an all-volunteer organization as one of its core needs: Referee;
- Help the AYSO players view women as capable of fulfilling a strong, authoritative role, expanding their understanding of the individual and her possible roles in society;
- Allow the training and support to fulfill a new level of personal satisfaction in you, increase fitness in a fun, non-treadmill environment, and gain understanding and appreciation for the game.
- Have to know anything about the game of soccer;
- Have to have a lot of time to give;
- Have to put up with unsporting behavior from the sidelines.
- Miss your own child’s/children’s’ game(s);
- Be the only woman out there;
- Regret it!
Mentors available. Contact Maureen Sundstrom, email@example.com, to get started.